Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital is the region's only children's hospital! LVHN is one of the nation's most advanced health networks, offering comprehensive care in 95 clinical specialties. We are the region's largest employer and the health care provider of choice for more people in the region.
Join our inspired, passionate and talented team as a Pediatric Infectious Diseases Physician in beautiful Allentown, PA.
LVPG Pediatrics is a highly respected group of providers with a reputation for excellence, who enjoy their work, and care for, and about their patients. LVPG Pediatrics considers children and families a high priority, and pediatrics is well supported and valued.
The Pediatric Infectious Disease Section is a well-established clinical practice that provides inpatient and outpatient consultations and it is the only Pediatric Travel clinic in the region. We are involved in Infection Prevention and Hospital Epidemiology. We have developed a robust Antibiotic Stewardship program and directly participate in various quality projects within the Children's Hospital and nationally. We maintain a close, collaborative relationship with the local and state public health authorities. Clinical research is an option but not required. We participate in the teaching of our pediatric residents, medical students from USF Morsani College of Medicine and other nearby medical schools and PA programs. The successful candidate will be board eligible/certified in Pediatric Infectious Disease, with enthusiasm, strong clinical and interpersonal skills, and a desire to continue our tradition of high-quality care.
Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital is our community's only children's hospital and meets the rigorous criteria of the Children's Hospital Association.
- We have a growing pediatric department with 30+ specialties, located at our Pediatric Specialty Center and satellite offices plus a large pediatric primary care network servicing children in the Lehigh Valley.
- Our state of the art 30-bed pediatric inpatient unit is staffed 24/7 by dedicated surgical and hospital medicine specialists.
- We have a 40-bed Level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), which ranks in the top 10 percent of patient satisfaction, and is the only one of its kind in the region.
- Our newly renovated 12-bed pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) is staffed 24/7 by a team of intensivists and highly trained and certified PICU nurses. We have more than 20 years of experience critical care to the kids in our community.
- A brand-new Children's ER opened this summer. It doubled its previous capacity and added an inpatient observation unit. It is the largest Pediatric ER outside of Philadelphia.
- The team serves a broad geographic area that includes parts of central and northeast Pennsylvania and western New Jersey with pediatric transport providing ground and helicopter transports across the entire region.
Benefits & Perks:
- Attractive Work Schedule & Starting Bonus
- Highly Competitive compensation with a superb benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Educational Stipend and Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
Influenza vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all colleagues unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice. Applicants possessing a medical marijuana card will not be considered for safety sensitive positions.