Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0018693
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Minnesota Medical School seeks a fulltime ABA board certified candidate with a primary expertise in Multispecialty Anesthesiology. This position will be responsible for the leadership of the multispecialty anesthesiology service as part of a team of anesthesiologists located on our East Bank campus at the Fairview - MHealth - University of Minnesota Medical Center.
Academic rank, compensation and appointment track will be based on qualifications and experience. Minimum requirements are an M.D or equivalent degree, eligibility for medical licensure in the State of Minnesota, board certification in anesthesiology, and completion of an ACGME-accredited anesthesiology residency training.
- Develop goals and objectives for the Multispecialty Division in line with the Department Strategic initiatives
- Lead recruitment of academic anesthesiologists for the Division
- Work with faculty to advance the missions of the Department and grow internal and external collaborations
- Mentor and develop faculty in education, research and clinical care, growing academic productivity and encouraging progress toward promotion
- Supervise and ensure success of fellowship program; oversee resident and medical student education within Multispecialty Division. Teaching residents and fellows is an important part of the role.
- Partner with health system staff to ensure optimization of the clinical practice including quality, standardization, peer review, productivity, performance improvement and clinical scheduling
- Perform clinical duties as a member of the Multispecialty Division and share in call responsibilities.
- Foster engagement and teamwork within and outside the Multispecialty Division
- Prior leadership, mentoring and team building experience
- Strong clinical background with proven excellence in teaching and clinical excellence in Multispecialty Anesthesiology.
- Track record of funded research a plus, including clinical trials as well as high-impact peer-reviewed publications
- Previous leadership or significant experience in multispecialty anesthesiology is preferred.
About the Department:
The University of Minnesota is a large and diverse university and medical school with a large subspecialty practice plan of over 900 physicians, University of Minnesota Physicians. The University of Minnesota is a major research university whose motto is "Driven to Discover". Consistent with this mission, we have a very active research division that is conducting a wide variety of clinical trials. The department has an ACGME approved residency program and an ACGME approved fellowship program in pediatric anesthesiology. The department has a robust infrastructure for clinical and basic science research, education, simulation and quality improvement. More information about the department can be found at http://www.anesthesiology.umn.edu/
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC):
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.