Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0020090
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine at the M Health Fairview Masonic Children's Hospital/University of Minnesota is seeking a board certified/eligible Pediatric Hospitalist at the Assistant Professor rank on an academic track. This individual will provide care at one or more of our clinical sites. We are a group of 45 part- and full-time hospitalists who provide coverage at three Twin Cities area hospitals: M Health Fairview Masonic Children's Hospital, Ridges Hospital and Maple Grove Hospital.
Masonic Children's Hospital is an academic, free-standing children's hospital, and our two community hospital partners M Health Fairview Ridges Hospital and Maple Grove Hospital are located in the South Metro and Northwest suburbs of the Twin Cities respectively.
- The new position will be at the Assistant Professor level for most applicants, on the UMN Academic or Clinician tracks. The clinical FTE will be determined by the individual's interests and departmental needs. Shifts vary from daytime to overnight in-house coverage
- Pediatric Hospital Medicine fellowship experience is a plus, but not required for this position.
- Academic appointments will be made through the University of Minnesota Medical School's Department of Pediatrics.
- This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of a dynamic team of hospitalists, whose primary goal is to provide exceptional, family-centered and innovative care to pediatric patients.
- The duties of a hospitalist include all aspects of patient care from admission to discharge, caring for newborns through 18+ year-old patients, and working closely with the primary care physicians and specialists.
- At each of our clinical sites, we are also involved in teaching all types of medical learners, leading quality improvement and patient safety projects, as well as involvement in administrative leadership responsibilities.
- This position provides ample opportunity for growth and development.
About the Department:
As an internationally renowned Department of Pediatrics, we improve pediatric medical practice and change the lives of children through breakthrough research discovery, innovative clinical care, advanced medical education and cross-disciplinary collaboration. We have a full complement of pediatric subspecialty providers to help deliver care to our medically complex patients.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Pediatric residency and/or fellowship-training program.
- Board eligible/certified with the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to work in the United States.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Best in industry 401K employer contribution
Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.