Location: Poughkeepsie, Town of, New York
Type: Full Time
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: CERTI03316
Position Overview: The Certified Midwife provides care and treatment to women throughout their lifetime including sexual health and contraception; prenatal, birth and postnatal health; and gynecologic health from adolescent through menopause.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Participates in initial examination of obstetrical patient, and in collaboration with the MD, shares responsibility for care, treatment, and delivery of patient.
- Examines patient during pregnancy, utilizing physical findings, laboratory test results and patient's statements to evaluate condition and ensure that patient's progress is normal.
- Discusses case with Obstetrician to assure observation of specified practices.
- Instructs patient in diet and prenatal health practices.
- Stays with patient during labor to reassure patient and to administer medication.
- Delivers infant and performs postpartum examinations and treatments to ensure that patient and infant are responding normally.
- When deviations from standard are encountered during pregnancy or delivery, administers stipulated emergency measures, and arranges for immediate contact of Obstetrician.
- Visits patient during postpartum period in hospital to instruct patient in care of self and infant and examine patient.
- Maintains records of cases for inclusion in established medical file.
- Conducts classes for groups of patients and families to provide information concerning pregnancy, childbirth, and family orientation. Performance Requirements:
- Knowledge of CareMount Medical policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
- Adheres to all CareMount Medical's policies and procedures including OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods, and techniques to provide on-going patient care.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines, and procedures and the ability to communicate clearly.Qualifications and Education:
- Master's degree and Midwifery certificate
- Completion of Midwifery, Completion of Midwifery Education Program
- Four years of clinical Midwifery experience, required with references
- Current NYS Midwife License and AMCB certification
- Working knowledge of NextGen Practice Management preferred
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount Medical/CareMount Health Solutions will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMAND: Requires full range of body motion including moving and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time. Occasionally exerts up to 100 pounds of force, such as assisting patients in arising from the exam table, pushing patients in wheelchairs, or assisting patients into/out of wheelchairs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: May require frequent exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other substances and conditions common to a medical office/healthcare environment. Requires use of telephone and computer, potentially for long periods of time. Requires driving to hospitals and CAREMOUNT MEDICAL locations other than their primary CAREMOUNT MEDICAL office location. Subject to irregular or flexible hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability